Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Randomness Leads to Awesomeness Indeed

All right...*takes a deep breath* Rambling is what I do. Here goes.

It was around September. I really needed a good music to listen to. Something inspiring and uplifting. Just any song that could get me away from my reality at the moment and one that I never heard of.

I was alone in my room. Pondering and pondering on what about my life...what is it for me at this point and thinking about how in the future I would survive the life I'm living.

I was also stressed at the time, with a heavy heart. Sick worried about what's going to be for me ahead of this life. Final exam was also around the corner. Hence, every thing was just weighing on my shoulder I didn't know who I could lean on and get some happy moments or who could perhaps take out a bit of the hurt I was feeling. Not that it was the biggest problem that I've ever encountered. I was just sentimental, perhaps.

All of a sudden, YouTube was staring me in the face. It was then "inspirational songs" I came up with that I typed in the search box. I was using my iPod. It was so random. My mind was, and how I chose which videos to click on as well. Scrolled through the videos and then there was this video that has caught my attention. It was like a *snaps fingers* "I want to listen to this one," I said. Who knew I'd be so into one band mentioned in that video.



I was truly happy when I heard 2 artists that I'm familiar with - Rascal Flatts and Daughtry. However, the one artist/band out of the 5 that came to my liking and badly wanting to find out more was The Latency.

Especially, the song that fitted my current feelings then. They connected. Fork In The Road was that song I connected with and to The Latency. I felt my eyes brimming with tears. I couldn't help it. My eyes were closed when I first heard the song/snippet of Fork In The Road. The song was something else of a story altogether too. It was something of a hardship everyone goes through, that needed to be heard, whoever listens to the song.

I'm not entirely sure how the music/song got to me. It's just...it's music. That's probably the true definition of music. It leads you to good places you never thought of before and it speaks to the soul.

After a few days listening to Fork In The Road, I started to search The Latency on social media/networkings sites. I wanted to be there for the band and support their music. I was truly disappointed when I found out that they had already gone their own ways and separated. It has been already 3 years since. My heart just shattered to pieces but...here's what I actually thought:


Why is it a privilege that my heart be broken The Latency? It's because I understand and know that even when I wasn't a fan of them through the years when they were still a band, The Latency has made the right decision and I know they have good reasons for it. I've had the same things to go through myself last year. There's still a lot of that we could explore in this world.

Also it's like what Fork In The Road is trying to say. Decisions, decisions. Maybe this picture will further tell what I'm trying to say. Hope it makes sense.

“Sometimes you make choices in life and sometimes choices make you.” - ‪If I Stay
If you're wondering what's If I Stay... it's a YA book I've read before. That quote from the book reminds me of the song, Fork In The Road. I just thought I would share it with you.

I'm positive here though, the band will reunite back! *grins* *positive vibes*

Therefore, that was how it went for me. Now I'm a fan of The Latency and their lovely songs!

~~~~~

Be here with me every week because I'll be blogging more about them soon. There seems to be a lot to tell even though they left pretty too soon and I've known them for such a short time - from interviews and the vlogs up on The Latency YouTube channel. I'm so gutted not to have spend time with them...*sigh*

If ever the band see that I'm blogging about them and what's more, stalking their twitter accounts and vlogs, I do feel guilty for stalking them. That's one reason why I want them back - I don't want to stalk just like that. *sigh* *another sigh* haha!

Anyways, I might be posting random things soon. Of course, it'll be about The Latency. So look out for that!

Plus, check out "SHARE YOUR FAN MOMENTS" page if you haven't (haha, I'm not even confident anyone would care to but anyhow I'm still hoping)! :)

Have a good day!

Video credits to: TheCameraDude123
Image source #1
Image source #2

No comments:

Post a Comment